§ 1 The Hugo Obermaier Research Grant comprises an amount of 5000 € and is awarded biennially.
§ 2 The fund for the first four grants was donated by Hertha Halter. The Hugo Obermaier Research Grant 2016 is donated by Dr. Wolfram Freudenberg, Stuttgart.
§ 3 The grant is addressed to Master students and doctoral candidates, who want to carry out their own project. The endowment is intended to be used for material expenditure.
§ 4 Applicants can be of any nationality. A membership in the Hugo Obermaier Society is not mandatory.
§ 5 Applications must follow the guidelines of the announcement and should be addressed to the President of the Society.
§ 6 Theawarding is decided by the management board.
Should be in German or English and contains
- Description of the planned excavation or research project
- Work and financing plan (max. 5 pages in total)
- Curriculum Vitae
- list of the candidate's scientific publications
- in the case of excavation projects, the approval of the competent authority for the preservation of historical monuments
- The decision on the awarding of the sponsorship prize is made by the Executive Board at its autumn meeting.
- The sponsorship exists in each case for the year in which the prize is awarded, in exceptional cases also for the following year after consultation with the Executive Board.
- The official announcement and presentation of the award will take place at the beginning of the annual meeting of the HOG.
- The first results are to be presented by the award winner in the form of a paper at the annual conference following the funding year.
- The final report, in particular the financial statement, should be submitted by 31 December of the year following the funding year.
- The awardees are encouraged to publish the results of the project. The publications should contain a reference to the funding by the HOG.